And Chara lifts the Cup after getting away with attempted murder. What a perfect representation of the NHL, kids!
Now we'll sit through a summer listening of how everyone should copy THIS model to win, just like how last year it was all "Chicago's model is how it works!" and previously it was Pittsburgh, Detroit... This year's model also requires the League in your pocket. Does Brendan Shanahan have a kid in the NHL yet?
Be prepared for year of seeing that shaved gorilla lift the Cup on HNIC's opening. Frankly now I really refuse to watch CBC for my hockey.
Flashback: It's apparently 1994 again. I had a bad feeling this would happen.
In other news, the logo I made for a colleague's hockey team was printed. I got my own as payment today. We used the Islanders' jersey because the Flyer's one was on major backorder.
4 comments:
I must confess I held a small, malicious hope that Chára would drop the cup he was hoisting. Apart from anything else, it was up high enough that it could do a fair bit of damage landing on his head.
(sigh)
Next year . . .
Just for you N31.
http://www.forkparty.com/8766/pasta-primavera-dinner-for-one-hamster-pictures
Hahaha... love the mini-meals for hamsters.
My highlight of the night was when Higgins ran over Chara. Dunno why it wasn't a penalty but it was hilarious. He stunned the foul beast!
Point taken about the modeling yourself after this team and that...
But, one comparison is inescapable. Chara killed Patches, and the Habs turtled in the subsequent games. Horton got crushed, and the Bruins took their revenge. That is an example the Habs really do have to follow.
Nice logo, btw!
If I had to design a sweater for my college club team (blue and white, but there really ought to be grey as well), I would sue the Oilers third jersey from a few years back.
Post a Comment