
I made the mistake today in turning on the radio once more.
I thought they'd have gotten over it by now, but judging from my Twitter retweets of various sources who just happen to follow various journalists from all teams, it seems the Boston media still haven't removed their heads from the salty sea dip and still reference the Habs for everything, completely forgetting it's the CANUCKS not the CANADIENS that they're playing here.
Then we have the callers. I can understand the Montreal Bruins fans calling and listening to a Montreal sports station, but what the hell are the guys in Boston doing emailing every moment? Though one caller from Montreal got me rolling my eyes so much I was going dizzy. This Bruins fan said through what sounded like 4 teeth and a pack of cigarettes while curled up on her lawn chair in front of her trailer that Habs fans can't stop talking about it 'cause we're all apparently jealous. Sadly Randy Tieman's brain isn't quick enough for the proper retort, so he just agreed with her. I would like to point out that no, it's not jealously. Don't mix jealous with absolute disdain for that piece of turd franchise you cheer for, lady. This same lady then casually called the Pacioretty incident a "little hit". Here's the definition of "disdain" just in case she skipped all of her schooling.
dis·dain /disˈdān/
Noun: The feeling that someone or something is unworthy of one's consideration or respect; contempt.
And we were all laughing at Lapierre offering his finger to Bergeron to snack on. Apparently humour is lost among most Bruins fans. They only know anger.
No mention of the Bobby Clarke special on Kevin Bieksa's leg from Rich Peverley, who only took a month to mold into a complete asshole as per club policy. Or Tyler Seguin squirting the Canucks with his water bottle. Or hey, remember who should have been suspended only to score the game winning goal in Game 7 of the last series? (Actually it was the only goal). Maybe they forgot about Nathan Horton since he's been absolutely invisible lately. (Which is business as usual). Come headshots and cheapshot and middle fingers! It's all class!
In case you're wondering WHY Montreal Habs fans are actually watching these games, paying attention to the series, and talking about things here in Montreal, it's simple! This is a hockey town. We bleed for our team, but this is a real hockey town. We'll watch it because it's hockey. And a couple of homeboys are playing for those who care. All we hope is that evil doesn't win...
My interest in this series is at "meh" level. It's between the self-entitled pricks (also known as the Boston Bruins) and the arrogant asshats (also known as the Vancouver Canucks). But heaven help us if the Bruins touch Lord Stanley. Their douchiness may melt that wonderful trophy.
4 comments:
So, I'm going to be that person, the bitch that voices what others are thinking. The Rome hit on Horton - 4 game suspension. How is this different than the Chara hit on Patches?
Both were ruled interference and late hit, neither blindside or head shot. Ok fine, I don't agree, but whatever. Then why in the hell is one a four game suspension and the other nothing? And the fact that Murphy even said that the severity of the injury played a factor in the suspension is ridiculous! I thought injuries weren't suppose to play a part. UGH! And then Max even tweeted that he had mixed feelings on the decision. I'm sure he's wondering the same thing I am right now.
Also, now I want to throw it back in all the Boston fans/media who were saying crap about Pacioretty and how quickly he was on his phone and how his injury was just played up by the Montreal doctors and media to gain sympathy and earn Chara a suspension. I want to ask them why Horton is on his phone already and out of the hospital and if he's faking.
But don't hold it against me. I know that the hit was serious and so is his concussion. I am NOT doubting that AT ALL or trying to make light of it. All I want to do is prove how blinded the Boston media/fan base can be.
That all being said, I really hope that Horton is alright. I don't care which team you play for, I honestly never want to see a hit or injury like the one last night (it reminded me a lot of the Richards/Booth or Mitchell/Toews hit, both of which make me sick). I think Rome deserved more games but am content with four.
I think that Vancouver is a dirty, dirty team. The Torres hit on Seabrook still infuriates me that it didn't earn a suspension. And I hate Boston, Julien stating that his team plays the game cleanly is laughable. I really want to figure out a way to not have to hand the cup over to either team because my soul will die when either Chara or Sedin#1 lifts the cup over their head. I want Vancouver to lose but I don't want Boston to win. It's the worst situation to be in as a hockey fan! -SB
Ya pretty much. It pisses me off more considering all Patches got as justice was being mocked at not just by fans of other teams but the very leaders of this bush league. Don't want to see players hurt, but honestly, fuck it. On top of that, some Bruins fans actually said this hit was worse than what Pacioretty got. Really.
I'm cheering for Team Meteor anyway. Both teams could knock each other out for all I care. And not just 'cause I'm a Habs fan who also loves the Hawks. I've always hated the Canucks. Not as much as the Bruins, mind... And this year has been the worst I've seen since the 80s. Almost like someone pissed in their cornflakes every morning and they feel the need to share their misery.
And the explanation behind why Torres wasn't suspended infuriates me more than the hit. It just makes you sigh, really really deeply...
I just hope Shanahan can change it. All depends on how much of a backbone he really has.
The fact that Patches was taunted by fans and players (old man Recchi I'm sending death glares your way) alike makes me sick. And that the assholes in "charge" basically gave them the ammunition to do so is so infuriating it makes me want to give up on the NHL. I love this game and hate what it's become.
I really want Team Meteor to win too. Or Team Blackhole. I could care less if both these teams simply just disappeared off the face of the Earth. Vancouver is led by a spineless, arrogant asshole in AV. Their captain isn't much better. And I have absolutely nothing nice to say about the Bruins. There isn't a single player on that team that redeems that them. And I'm not only saying this because I'm a Hawks fan with a love of Carey Price and the Habs. I'm saying this because I hated both these teams before I fell in love with the Hawks and Habs.
Shari
Amen, 31.
Post a Comment