Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Habs 4, Sens 1: Wake me up before you go go

You can watch the 1st and fast-forward to the 3rd because that 2nd period was brutal... I don't know what they were doing. Sleepwalking? Squandered a 5-minute boarding powerplay and a double-minor on a high stick... Frankly, maybe Clouston should play the Sens shorthanded the whole game if he wanted them to play better and the Habs to suck more.

Definitely the type of game that needed a extra shot of PK Subban...

And I bet Tony Marinaro will be doing happy cartwheels on the radio tomorrow now that Gomez hurt his back. Unfortunately what he will fail to realize is the powerplay went to poop BECAUSE Gomez couldn't play and PK's watching in the stands. But, never underestimate Pascal Leclaire's ability to be the suckiest goalie that ever forgot he's got arms to go with those legs.

Excuse yourself, Pascal.

Scoring by committee:
- Pleky has 25 points already.
- Though a minute in, passing the puck to Spezza right in front of your own net is probably not a good idea.
- Pleky, Gionta, Kostitsyn, and Cammy all have 9 goals even.
- Halpern and Pouliot have 6 goals and 9 assists even.
- Three Sens assisted on 3 of the 4 goals.
- Price says all he's doing is taking up oxygen out there. And giggling with Hal Gill.
- First intermission facepalm: Darren Pang with the Freudian slip of the year. (He apologized later for the oopsie).
- Though honestly to be fair, I find Pietrangelo's personality to be a block of wood compared to PK's...so screw that.
- Now I know why Picard looked so terrible with the Sens: Kuba and Phillips are absolute crap.
- Hal Gill had Carkner in one hand and Winchester in the other while everyone else was trying to punch with Neil.
- PK looked like he raided the wardrobe from the set of Newsies. Very sharp! But I'd rather see you in uniform, as would the many chanting "PK!PK!PK!" when the powerplay was sucking and the game was boring.
- If there was any truth to Bruce "Malkin to the Kings" Garrioch's bullshit story about Kovy maybe coming back to the Habs, HAHAHAHAHAno.
- Creepy McCreepers can shutup about Lars Eller being traded for Halak. I'm guessing he heard you because that was some mighty fine work to set up Gionta for Hamr's baseball bunt goal.
- For a moment, Maxim Lapierre thought he was Mario Lemieux. Then he woke up and hit the side of the net.
- Uh oh! Coach is cracking jokes while at the press conference! Time to make yourself a healthy scratch because we can't have this thing called "personality" get in the way of your speaking with the media, coach!

I didn't go to work today. While the weather wasn't so bad (it's still snowing) it took us an hour to get from St-John's blvd to Sources, which shouldn't even be a minute normally. Rediculous. I was trapped in the West Island. I mean, I like my job but not that much. Spending the morning with the puppy, then the afternoon sleeping/cleaning, and a Habs win at night. That was my day.

No comments: