Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pre-season: Where analyzing too much could seriously hurt your brain

Too much rain today. And while I spent most of my day nursing my inability to digest food properly, the remnants of tropical storm Nicole did little to up my mood.

Guess the moody weather hit our boys hard tonight. They looked out of it. In complete disarray. Then again, the lineup wasn't exactly what I'd call a proper roster. It was another one of those experimental combinations, where many of them made no sense. Regardless of the outcome of the game, standing on your soap box and crying about Alex Auld while proclaiming the Habs should pick up Martin Gerber on waivers totally negates your credibility of rational thought. In fact, excuse me while I laugh out loud. Literally.

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Ok, back to the nitty gritty. Nothing has changed with the Sabres hemorrhaging style of play and Patrick Kaleta is still a dirty fucktard that deserves many Alex Ovechkin elbows to the head. (Tried to kill Subban and Lapierre, but missed, and Lapierre was so angry the trainers were afraid to see if he was ok). Tyler Myers is still tall and still picking up game stars because he's tall. Derek Roy is still a douche. At least they got their jersey right finally.

Lars Eller at center is a few years off by NHL standards. I'd prefer to have him on the wing with some veterans else it could hinder his development. In other words, if Pouliot continues pissing his chances away I'd rather see Eller with Gio and Gomez. Ryan White makes the team with Tom Pyatt. All night everyone was shitting on Andrei Kostitsyn, and while no one really had that good of a game tonight, he surely wasn't the worst. He can cradle that puck like a baby and backhand it like a nobody's business. Didn't help that he was stuck on an experimental line that made zero sense logically. Gotta say though, Alex Picard isn't looking as bad as I remember him when he played for the Sens. This may be a trap. And while I can't really say much about the special teams because of the lineup I can't really tell which system fits the team better. Perhaps they'll work once the team exits pre-season with the proper personnel, like Cammy and Pleky, or Moen and Gorges and Gill on the penalty kill. Alex Henry belongs with the Bulldogs no matter how much he tries. (Besides, we need him to protect the children from evil Abbotsford Heat players).

It's too bad our first glimpse of Captain Gionta was such an empty game. The good news? One more pre-season game left...

Pre-season Bulldogs: Take it to the rock
Bulldogs started off their pre-season with a 3-0 smackdown on the BingySens. JT Wyman tipped in two and Palushaj popped in a tenacious effort to get the 3rd goal. But most impressive to Derek Wills? Alexander Avtsin! Even Brad "MAYDAY!MAYDAY!MAYDAY!" May was enamored with the spunky young Russian's skills. Avtsin is the youngest member on the team. If he were a North American player, he would have to be playing somewhere in the CHL. He dazzled the crowd all night with his moves. But he didn't just show off his puck skills, he also showed off his rugged side. I got a good feeling about this kid.

No comments: