Oh to win a hockey game while only making 11 saves. Tis but a dream! Or was that horrible Flyers game last year. Remember that one? It was right after the Centennial, and right around the time Peter Laviolette became their new coach.
An 11-save victory. Sounds like a Western Conference game.
It technically was as the Minnesota Wild--or more accurately, the Houston Aeros with Cal Clutterbuck--added another notch in their pre-season hockey losses by being downed 4-3 this chilly evening by Team B. First time I heard the crowd leave early in a win though. Sunday night, gotta wake up early I guess?
Gotta feel for the Wild a little. Well, no, actually I feel for Josh Harding. Injuries up the wazoo. Get's surgery over the summer. Signs a one-year deal. Then BLAMO! Gets slammed in pre-season and is now out with a torn ACL/MCL and could be done for life. It's too bad. I always liked that kid... Chubby (Khudobin, his head is so round) was in nets tonight.
Ryan White, Dustin Boyd, and Max Pacioretty had a solid, steady game. Also apparently steady? Well, let's just say the words "steady" mixed with the name "Alex Picard" frightens me...
Anyway, notes for Coach Martin:
- Keep puck away from other team.
- Keep puck in opposite zone.
- Forecheck aggressively and be aggressive.
= RESULTS!
Powerplay still needs some looking into though.
No comments:
Post a Comment