Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pay no attention to the time stamp...

...I'm nocturnal. Reason number 1 why I have a pet hamster.

Dear Steve Yzerman,
How are you? I take it the southern sun is doing you some good. You know I have nothing but respect for you as a person and as the player you once were so please don't take this the wrong way...but could you please poach staff from the other 29 teams to fill out your needs? What more do you want from us? Wait, don't answer that. *Hides PK Subban* Maybe you want our entire farm team too? Hamilton, Norfolk... not much of a difference except the N-Admirals have missed the playoffs for the last 3 years now. Perhaps you'd like the name so instead of two Admirals we'll have two Bulldogs. Everyone loves puppies.

It's getting to the point where you should have, maybe, just come here to be the general manager.

Sincerely,
The Habs

PS. Trade you for Jacques Martin? And by "you" I mean YOU. Then you can re-poach the staff back here.



Congratulations to Andrei Markov, now a card carrying Canadian. No we don't suspect he's a spy...do we? It's always the quiet types....

Insert obligatory question about Carey Price, about learning French, about contract extension, and about captaincy. There, I covered the Q&A with the media this afternoon. And no he won't be playing for Team Canada at Sochi, however he can now legally run back to Candiac and hide should the Canadians win the gold and he will need to find a safe place to live for the rest of his life.

Now he needs to learn the anthem. Or he could just make it up, like Roger Doucet did.



This inspired me. I might do something like it but with a hockey theme. Probably recap the great grrs and arghs from last season before diving into hockey past.

2 comments:

A Concerned Citizen said...

LOL! You're absolutely right. GM, Coach, I'd take Stevie Y any day.

I think the final straw will be when he finally manages to unload Lecav on the Habs.

Number31 said...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...