In any case, the game was 4-all tied by the end, so we went to a shootout. The shootout itself ended in a 1-all tie (my brother got one lovely high shot that he surprised himself with), so I suggested we goalies got the chance to end it. I mean, have you ever seen Carey Price's wrist shot? With a paddle stick? He'd put most forwards to shame!
Eklund didn't use his paddle stick though. He took one of the regular sticks and hobbled his way towards me like a sneaky Scooby-doo villain. Shot the puck, and I gloved it (well, swatted it away with my glove... I can't actually catch those floor hockey balls with a glove with my baby hands). So it was up to me.
I dropped my glove and blocker and grabbed my trusty Sher-Wood. Eklund decided to try and scare me and lunged forward to poke check. Only he missed, and I nearly poked him in the head avoiding him. But he never got to the ball, and I slipped it past him, right into a yawning cage for the gold.
I made a gif of it!


3 comments:
Wish I could see much more of the game. I want to see how good you are between the pipes!
I make Darren Pang look tall.
That was the most awesome part of the game *nods*
Post a Comment