Saturday, June 13, 2009

Summer will now interfere with no call

Hey! Just like the Red Wings!

How much you wanna bet if the Habs played that kind of interference defense they'd be in the box the whole time and we'd have to listen to Houde & Brunet tell us how indisciplined they are? I know because I've seen it a few time when Breezer or Hammer step up to challenge a guy only to get called for some phantom interference. As my brother said "because we're not marketable, because you don't need to sell the game to Canadians". They need a team like the Wings to market to the feel-good story of the year for the poor burnt out husk of Detroit. (I dunno, it always looked that way too me. Was a creepy quiet place last time I drove through there). Gotta redo those faceoffs kids 'cause Detroit didn't get the puck! How many times can one crosscheck a Penguin without getting called but hey Malkin don't you dare tap that guy from behind so that he falls over like the world just crashed on his back. It's all water under the bridge now. In the end, and NOT according to Red Fisher or Don Cherry or those stand-ins on CJAD that have very annoying tones in their voices, the better team won. That's right, the Penguins finally got their Cup after stinking up the joint enough to round up a dozen first-rounders of the high draft pick choice. I was hoping they would do it, mostly because Detroit infuriates me. And for Ho Ho Hossa.

That's right, I just don't like Detroit.

And while people cried that the superstars did mostly nothing the whole series, it's not easy to work with a big target on your back. (And I disagree, as they were working very hard but getting shutdown, their presence however was always felt). That's why you got the other Superstar (and the Staal-Clone). Bet Talbot will work on a new car ad this summer.

But in the end, now we can say: Satan's name is on the Cup.

No comments: