
...and where the bills must be paid.
I'm frightened to look at my account to see if said bills were automatically paid while I was playing with baby horseshoe crabs on a beach and hiding them from evil little children. But I'm home now, resting from a long day of driving and ready to start cleaning. Work tomorrow. Stanley Cup game Friday. The weekend better be sunny-ish.
So Heater wants out of Ottawa. This is why I frown upon the extremely long-term deals of high monetary kind. If a young stud signs for a reasonable price at 3-5 years, it doesn't hurt as much and to trade him isn't a heavy burden on both teams involved. But when a player's salary might possibly strap a team with 15% of it's cap space dedicated to one guy (especially when that cap space is going down), you got the home team scrambling and the buying team uneasy. Of course, it's Heater so I don't really care. I hear he's aiming West. Is beer and pizza involved in helping him move?
I think I'm in love with the judge that's dealing with the circus over the Coyotes. How can you not love a man who deadpans how wrong Bettman and the League in general are? For that matter, has anyone read this so-called Constitution of the NHL? Hail Kommissar? And was I the only one who cracked up laughing when Bettman appeared in court while the Pens/Wings were playing their lives out? "This warrants my personal attention" like someone was adopting his only child after a bitter divorce. Oh right. Well there was another Fuck You Winnipeg, eh guys?
I understand Bettman though. You can't get the guy to admit he was wrong. My father is like that. He'll find every possible angle and every possible excuse to refute against any accusation of being wrong regardless of how apparent it is.
So Alexei Emelin decided to stay again in Russia. Well...that sucks. Not much you can do about it, as disappointing as it is and as disappointed Trevor Timmins must be after hearing from the kid how annoyed he was being an NHL-style player in the KHL where he would be in the box more than he'd like. But the mysetrious circumstances leads one to wonder... Was it Emelin? His agent seemed rather surprised by him signing again. Or did he get the old "my dad signed me this contract" like Tank? Either way, it's an unfortunate blow but the idiots blamming Gainey are well, idiots. Blame the KHL and the rules of the NHL regarding entry contracts. Either way, it gives more room for Subban, Weber, Carle, Belle, Mcdonagh, Fisher, and the whole squadron of Dmen we have, one more extra shot to move in. (Though I don't think Weber needs to worry). With the draft coming in, I can't see them going for another Russian unless he's a player in the various North American junior leagues, but those that are will probably be snatched up before they get a chance to do so if they haven't already been drafted.
Time to do some work. Today we find out if GG is selling and if Quebecor will ruin our lives forever. Oh and Flyers, good luck with that basketcase Emery.
2 comments:
I have always thought Heatley was a jackass. I feel bad for the Sens, but not too much, since they're the ones who signed this prick.
I understand Russians wanting to play at home. Besides all the bucket loads of money that they could make there, I think I'd be tempted to play in my home country over somewhere on the other side of a very large pond. Still... it sucks for the Habs... It's almost too bad we didn't tank a little bit more so we could land Kulikov.... I would LOVE to land him....Oh well.... Here's hoping some of the Hammies can get a shot =)
As for Heatley... Bah... I'd like for him to go somewhere really far away and to a team that stinks... That'd make me happy. And maybe they can ship Spezza off for free too. AND maybe they can ditch Clouston... And maybe I can stop dreaming about the Senators falling off the face of the earth. =/
And damnit, Quebecor better not buy the team. I'll stop there before I go ranting on forever...
Post a Comment