Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tweetup Montreal - Game 1, 4-2 loss in an emty netter

Yes, that's Lucic in voodoo doll form, feeling the wrath of Habs fans after a loss.

Habs played a good game tonight. In fact, if they play well like this and still lose the series I won't complain. If they take it to seven hard earned games and still lose I'll be sad but won't complain. Same if they get sweeped in 4 but still play well enough to actually have won. People were thinking the Habs were going to get blown out. I never doubted the boys. All the games, save for one, were pretty close games that could have gone either way (no, not the one with the puck bouncing off that broken board--that was just crap luck). That's how the game was, except the Bruins have a better finish while the Habs face 5 goalies and pretty much no net to shoot at. I swear Tim Thomas sees maybe 30% of the play. But the shots and the faceoff wins were pretty equal. Maybe they can slowly whittle them down by bouncing pucks off their legs. Price played a good game but got shafted by the ref on his side holding his whistle for 5 minutes unlike on the other side. (That first goal was a fucking joke. Whacked it right out of his glove. Price doesn't get angry unless there's a reason). If the refs don't like being criticize for their deficiencies then they should change leagues. Gainey had the right to criticize them last time, since not only is he GM of the team, but they were a bunch of shakey morons. Whatever.

- Kovy's goal... Anyone clock that? I swear it broke the sound barrier. My brother afterwards: "It was on fire. I'm surprised it didn't go through the net".
- Higgins and Metro = love
- Kovy, Gorges, and Kostitsyn made my night by knocking Lucic on his ass.
- Breezer needs to go switch places with Weber. At least Weber could maybe hit the net. At least Weber would have an excuse for making rookie errors. Breezer played like a guy who didn't want the puck so he could avoid injury. I guess that's how he made it to 1000 games.
- Komisaurus didn't really make an major screw ups!
- Chara should really...not...use...a yellow mouth guard... Guh.
- Speaking of yellow. Yellow towels? Really, Boston?

In other news: I got my tickets for Monday! Wooo! Now... what should I write on my brick... Unfortunately "Go you Fucking Habs!" is not appropriate...

4 comments:

admin said...

KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV!

admin said...

I love the way these guys played. We don't have to hang our heads in shame if they keep it up (even if they lose).

Metropolit was all over the place!

Breezer started off okay (for Breezer) but showed signs of wear in the third. Maybe he and Weber could split the duties? heh.

I'm uploading the Kovalev goal to youtube later because it was so beautiful. Kova-love!

Number31 said...

Absolute KovaLove! <3

I hope Metro scores one this series. I hope it's shorthanded too ;)

Eternal Pessimist said...

Oh yeah.. I was watching the game last night *nods* I wasn't just abusing Lucic... *coughs* Yeah.... Metro was great. Andrei Kostitsyn.... not so much.... Definitely felt some Kovalove though last night *nods* And I still hate Lucic =)