Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lucky number 7: Habs 5, Islanders 1


Walk in the park, really. Once you crush the Islanders with a few goals they just look for ways to leave, either by penalty or turning invisible. Yann Danis was hoping to turn invisible, but he had to stay.

Chicken wings > fish sticks
- I sometimes wonder who is more boring, the Devils or the Islanders?
- Streit out with a groin injury. Dunno why Okposo wasn't playing either. Doesn't really matter, though. They're trying to out-lose the Avalanche for Tavares.
- According to Komisarek's dad on CJAD, there were about 6000 Islanders fans and 9000 Habs fans, and probably a 100 each from his group and Bobby Higgins' group. And yet despite bringing all that cash to the rink, the doorman confiscated their flags.
- Price had the flu, Jaro had to make an emergency take over. Apparently Price had the flu while playing the Blackhawks too. He seems to play his best games when ailing eh?
- After wandering around testing the waters, the Islanders fell into the powerplay trap. Koivu with a rediculous play in front of the net goes 5-hole while being tackled. Didn't realize he scored.
- Rechlicz wanted to fight Laraque and just stood there. Laraque with the "you gonna do something or not?" move. Wonder if that was mic'ed up...
- 11/13/27! WOOOOO!
- Schneider Play, so early?
- Islanders get power killed, lose all swagger, think about happy days in the summer...
- Schneider's eyebrows make him look like an elf. He's our magic Power Play Elf.
- Dandy on D tonight, but he's so crafty that he freaks out the opposing forwards by switching to forward on the same shift.
- Kovy feeds and feeds and feeds. I think he's up to 60 points now? That barely took a week eh? All you idiots calling for him to KovaLEAVE get the fuck out.
- Tanguay's goal made Brendan Witt a -32.
- Marc Denis drinking the water. Look at Marc Denis drinking the water.
- Heh, Kostopoulos' face when they gave him a penalty shot was priceless. He nearly pulled it off, though.
- Renaud Lavoie had his milk crate with him to talk to BGL. Last time he used it on Price, Price shrunk himself to be shorter.
- Stewie's our clown. I love that kid.
- Dough Weight got bored and decided to fight Metro. Metro didn't flinch, and Weight gave up mid-fight.
- Practiced 3rd period shut down lead protection.
- Two of the three New Yorkers scored. Komisaurus gives us free wings and makes his dad super happy.
- Since there was no harm in trying, Bob had everyone do something new. Even put Dandy on the powerplay.
- I voted for the Caps on RDS' "who do you want the Habs to play" poll. They came out 2nd to the Bruins. BORING!
- Easiest night of Jaro's life.
- Talk about moving the Islanders to Kansas City is sad and wrong. Why this franchise and NOT fucking Phoenix?! Fark you Bettyman. Build the fucking Lighthouse already.

Conclusion: SEVENTH PLACE, WOOOOO! And free wings. Who called it? Yo.

Spring smells
- Carolina helped us beat the Rangers into our old 8th spot. Meh or yay? Either way, Rangers D was HORRENDOUS and just allowed everyone to walk right in for a scoring chance on Stundqvist.
- Boston beat Ottawa. Whatevs.
- Red Wings totally driving Babcock nuts and lose to the Blues 5-4.
- I sniffle as Dallas loses to Calgary.

4 comments:

Eternal Pessimist said...

I was wondering where Streit was....And yeah, all the guys seem to play better when they get sick... Higgy was sick for that Hawks game too....

I hope Price is better right now so they can send Denis back to the Hammies because they really need him...And also, I'm getting annoyed with the Priceberg being sick.... =(

Grrrreg said...

I voted for the Caps on RDS' "who do you want the Habs to play" poll. They came out 2nd to the Bruins. BORING!

Exactly! I'm not sure a bruins series would really be any easier anyway, so at least let's have some fun with Ovie.

James said...

I think no matter which one of the 'big 3' we match up against in the first round, we're in trouble.

Not saying we absolutely can't win against either the Caps, the Devils or the Bruins, but any of those teams will give us a hard series - and our survival chances are slim with any of those.

Out of the three, I'd rather we play Boston, for emotion's sake. And I also think it's the team we have the best chance at defeating in the first round - I still don't believe in Tim Thomas.

Number31 said...

But the Caps would be all hockey and no bullshit. Well, little bullshit. It would be two high-flying firewagoneers. I dunno, I think it would be fun...

Pfft Tim Thomas. Just aim for the water bottle or deke him out. He falls for everything, literally (as in, he's always flat on the ground). His only bonus is he's as wide as the net.