Had my alarm set to wake me up. The song on the radio was inspirational 70s rock.
9:00am
Ate breakfast and read the newspaper. Matzo with Nutella, a few strawberries, kosher cottage cheese.
9:15am
Got dressed and turned on the computer. Waited to hit the Habs' site for the link.
9:20am
Matzo does bad things to your "system"
9:30am
Link is up! Clicked the link and waited. Posted on twitter: "The bracelet system worked well for me when I got the Victory Pack tickets, let's see how this online method goes..."
10:00am
Tickets start selling. Still waiting... Posted on Twitter: "Waiting in a virtual waiting room isn't as fun as waiting in Windsor courtyard... There's no Youppi to high-five with." Began wondering with Tyler@NHLDigest what a team in Saskatchewan would be called. No clue if the room was working
10:30am
Lesson one - Online virtual waiting rooms: no idea where you stand or what's left.
10:45am
Posts on the Habs forum don't look promising. People getting techy. My feelings? Bored. Only sign of life in the VWR was the "Transferring data from..." thing.
10:50am
Got annoyed by dad who was standing in my doorway in his usual annoying way. Bugged me about my paintings and if I was going to take them to my new place. "Yes, but not now," I said. "Why not?" he snapped back. Grr!
11:00am
I was told people with packages (like me with the Victory Pack) got a special pin number to access the system but I got no such thing. This made me irate...
11:10am
It worked nicely for the Bulldogs game back in December... Feeling unhappy with the VWR.
11:30am
People start posting tickets for rediculous prices on Kijiji and Craigstlist. This makes me more irate. If you buy the tickets just to sell you are a douchebag (unless you suddenly realized you wouldn't be able to attend, but then you would probably offer it to friends or forum member fans first before heading there).
12:00am
Got hungry. Decided to eat lunch. Started heating up soup... Closed the page down. Bummed out...
12:30am
Kristin tells me to try the fan pack. SUCCESS! TICKETS GET!!! Thank you Kristin!!!
12:50am
Here's on happy Habs fan with two tickets to Game 3 (Home Game 1) in the Molson Ex Zone. And I get a brick (dad already bought one, but now I have one), and a CA sweater (which my brother just bought yesterday, but now I have one too). Going to be rocking the Section 313 Row A (seats 6 and 7). Brother owes me $192.70 now. Thanks again Kristin!
1:00am
Realized I forgot about my soup and found out I had boiled it into oblivion. No damage to the kitchen or stove. No one else is home so I have time to clean up the evidence, but...I GOT PLAYOFF TICKETS!
4 comments:
I'm happy it worked for you! A little botched soup was a good price to pay for some playoff tickets!
Ooo, a brick, a sweater and tickers?! Yay!!!!! Hopefully the pot that held the burnt soup is okay but in the grand scheme of things, a brick, a sweater and tickets are way better =D
Remind me to ask you how you bought tickets for the regular season one day when the tickets go back on sale next year. I was most unhappy with my method (ie. getting ripped off by some idiots based in LA) and since then I've been trying to hunt down people who actually lined up in a REAL LIFE lineup and force them to tell me how and where they bought the darn things.
Click the "Lesson in futility" tag ;) I got three posts on my bracelet affair. Only problem with the bracelet is nothing is guaranteed...
You could have the bracelet but never get tickets, which kind of sucks. It's a big lottery!
Ah! Yes *goes to click on the tag* that's why they're there.... duh.... x_X
Post a Comment