Saturday, October 25, 2008

Rubber Ducky, you're the one...

It's cold, pouring rain, and generally miserable today as Montreal gets slammed by two systems coming up from the States. Anaheim and Carolina are up this week, and both systems came from the West and South. Anyway, I'm about to get ready to go meet my friend, who's phone never works, so I'll have to meet him outside like I initially suggested instead of inside where it's warm and dry. Yippee...

Tonights menu: Anaheim (Not-So-Mighty) Ducks. Fresh off a few road victories practically handed to them by even more skankier teams, so I don't know what to make of them.

Lineup dance MASTER HIGGINS IS IN! But they'll ease him in slowly. He joins Laraque and Fruit Punch on line #4 while Bégin joins Kostopoulos and Lang on line #3. Gonna bust some skulls and score some goals? That's what those lines tell me anyway. Hammer and Gorges become the odd-couple on defense #2, while Bouillon gets BreezerGeezer on #3 even though we all know Gorges and Bouillon are better together. But, I guess that's ok. The Human Bowling Ball can make up for Breezers errors and lack of hitting things.

Scratch and sniff O'Byrne has a confidence problem thanks to the many errors he made in the past few games so he gets the cheap seats. However, he's still learning and it's all part of the growing pains for an NHL defender. Dandy joins him for milk and cookies.

CBC actually cares? Koivu's home is open to the public on CBC tonight before the game. Yes, they're actually televising our Saturday game instead of the Battle of Ontario between crappy-Leafs and crappy-Senators, AND pregame show Inside Hockey will take a look at Captain K's home and family life away from the rink. Um...I think I want to tape this.

No comments: