Sunday, November 3, 2013

Habs 1, Avalanche 4: My what fantastic high draft picks you have

Yea it pays to leech off the top of the draft for a few years. Just imagine a few Galchenyuks on the Habs. That's basically the Avalanche.

Suck to win!

- Retiring a grand number like 52 just seems odd. Also seems like a "they gave me this number out of camp" number. Or a "I combined 5 and 2 because I used to wear those and they were both taken" number.
- I can't send enough flowers to the Eller line that would fully express my love for them.
- Sucking thin air.
- The Avalanche have FIVE guys in the net. FIVE. You could put a block of wood in there.
- That's fronting done fairly properly. Basically not enough room to do shit so the guys at the point can shoot all they want and pray something bounces in. But get close enough together and the puck won't bounce to the hidden open man like last night.
- Pretty sure there were too many players on the ice when Landeskog took the puck and scored but HAHA who am I kidding.
- These refs are fucking morons. Ok don't call the first trip on Pacioretty but the punch to the back of the head was a fucking joke. And of course they scored right after that.
- Giguere is not a god of goaltending. He was tossing rebounds left and right. Mostly Bourque just skated over them. STICK ON THE ICE!
- I hate you filet desert. Especially when the puck does not go into you.
- Gallagher was absolutely possessed. Fitting it was he who cashed in on PK's perfect wrister to the net.
- Looks like DD has reached the end of his rope. Benched in the 3rd. Galchenyuk took the center position between Gallagher and Pacioretty.
- Speaking of Pacioretty, I was thinking his return in a game with thin air might not have been the best. But then normal Pacioretty showed up in the 3rd for a bit.
- Yup. Apparently the ref has to explain to the crowd that the high stick was not a penalty because Bourque had shot the puck and therefore it was a follow-through and not a penalty. Maybe just hand out rule books at the door?
- Seriously. They're a rather stupid crowd. I'm sorry.
- Everyone will pile on PK for that giveaway behind the net but you know what? No one will pile on Markov basically waiting for the puck to come to him. O'Reilly never stopped moving.
- Probably no one will pile on Bouillon for that lazy fucking attempt to clear for a change which was basically him leaving the puck at the red line and just going "oh well" then stepping off the ice while play went back to their own zone...
- Hey Therrien. You lost the game. I don't ever want to see the fourth line out on the ice like that. That's not how we do things.

Take your thin air and suck on it.

No comments: