Friday, February 24, 2012

Habs lose again but I was at the Bulldogs game!

Schultz for the win!
Laughing at the people who left while the team was down 2-0 with 8 minutes left. Sucks to be you.

So hey, what's left of the Bulldogs were losing to the top team in the AHL and came back to win it in the shootout where they also came from behind to seal the deal. Considering the shootout is a gongshow anyway, I have no idea why the NHL doesn't go to the 5-round format like the AHL uses. Anyway, hope people realize Ian Schultz can actually play hockey. They say he can't skate? Frankly looks better on his feet than Palushaj. Also he'll hit you. And maybe punch you if you're a jerk. Did you know he can score in the shootout? Pretty sweet move.

And yes, I know it's David Aebischer... Not like Nathan Lawson is any better. (Actually he's scary worse).

Guys I'd call up in this already sorry season: Henry (to be Hal Gill), Schultz (for an actual fourth line), and St-Denis (because anything is better than Campoli). Geoffrion, Nattinen and Avtsin could be on the list as well but not permanently. Poor Avtsin...lots of great set ups, but no one to take them...

On my way home I made the mistake of turning on the radio to hear if there was anything Bulldogs. Turns out some radio douche was bitching about Price and I turned it back off. You know, on a list of "100 Things That Need To Be Better With The Habs", sorry but goaltending is #100. LOOK AT WHAT'S IN FRONT OF THE NET AND HOW NO ONE SCORED A GOAL FOR 5 FUCKING PERIODS. (And before that, 1 goal also in the 3rd period). You gonna blame the goalie for empty netters too while you're at it? They were already blaming him for those shootout losses where the guys scored no goals and he gave up 1...

Idiots. Looking at the replays, if not for Price they're DONE 5-0 in the first period.

Maybe go watch Nathan Lawson for a few games and thank our lucky stars Price doesn't go on the IR because of a sandwich malfunction...

So glad I have a new set Doctor Who audio books to listen to while I work. That takes care of most of my day.

No comments: