Thursday, February 9, 2012

Habs 4, Islanders 2: Dear God

Dear God,
This is Scott Gomez speaking. I know I make way too much money, but I give back most of it to various charities and my own hockey program back home for underprivileged children. I think the most I've used of it was for a new fishing rod. Anyway, the Archdiocese of Montreal has asked fans to pray that we make that lucrative 8th spot. I would seriously gladly give up every bit of scoring touch if that were to happen, but I realize the boys need some help with goals. I'm really not up to trying the Olli Jokinen Big Mac special... These guys have been through a lot this year. And most of the fans are really cool with you. So what do you say, God?

Thanks. You're awesome.

- Max Pacioretty is kind of tied with Ovechkin in goals and points. I am not shitting you.
- And a 00.0 hat trick!
- Oddly enough the first career hat trick for Patches is fighting for a headline...
- Carey Price got 20 wins behind this team finally. That deserves an award considering.
- Dude, like every angle RDS showed us was a high stick on that Moulson goal but I'm guessing considering the speed they went through the review, and the fact they didn't even want to review it, tells me the refs wanted out of that shitty building as soon as possible.
- Yea, they gave Streit the 2nd star of the game. OK there...considering the game was basically the Islanders vs Price and he doesn't even get recognized for that?
- Andrei Kostitsyn didn't believe Gomez scored. Gomez replied with a "LOLfuckyou".
- I have a costume to make for a party Saturday night. It's not going well...

You can take this down now.
Other than spending way too much time in their own zone and basically forgetting there's another end of the ice to play in, Habs should play like this more often. Of course praise be Price in nullifying almost everything possible.

If Pacioretty doesn't win the Masterton trophy this year, I will seriously lose whatever thinly veiled faith in the League I had left since you-know-what happened...

7 comments:

UK3X said...

Ahmen!

Chester said...

Hockey is interesting again. There appears to be some spirit happening. Go boys.

A Concerned Citizen said...

Did you catch Nabokov interfering with Patches' last goal...from the bench? I was stuck watching the islanders broadcast, and the announcers were screaming for an icing call on Cole. Didn't hear a peep about that interference from Nabokov. Honestly, that deserved a penalty shot/automatic goal, plus a game misconduct for unsportsmanlike conduct.

And it was a high stick. Moulson knew it, Price knew it, and the Head Orifice in Toronto definitely knew it.

Number31 said...

Yea I saw him stick his stick out from the open door to touch the puck. No idea what the hell he was trying to do because it won't negate an empty netter goal if he got caught... And no there was no icing because the puck bounced off 2 Islanders, one of whom was pretty close to the icing line anyway.

Thankfully they won the game becaue I'm sick of the League screwing this team with goals like that. (Twice screwed by the puck off the netting play).

Steve said...

The rocket has been lite, hang on.

HeadHunter said...

I know everyone pities the Isles but giving them the high-stick goal was pretty damn low. For anyone that considers tanking to get draft picks to be a good idea, look at the Island.

Chester said...

You know they are going to do this. Only difference this year is that they are getting better at playing mind-fuck with us. Of course we will have to wait until the last game of the season and prob overtime at that. It's like playing golf with my dad, didn't matter if I shot an eighty or 101 he always beat me by one effin stroke. It was his thing. Same game for the boys they have to pace themselves so they get the eighth spot on the last game of the season. That way they leave us as just a wet stain on the couch. It's their thing. stie