Sunday, May 22, 2011

I made a pre-game promise...

...And I'm sticking to it.

I proclaimed on Twitter that if the Bulldogs win this series, I will drive from Montreal to Hamilton to cheer them on in the finals against Bingo. I might even go to Bingo if there's a game I can go to on a non-work day. (And they have Applebee's. ALL YOU CAN EAT GARLIC BREAD).

And so, after blowing a 4-2 lead, the Bulldogs won 5-4 in double-OT to win Game 6 and became just the third team in AHL history to battle back from a 3-0 deficit to force a Game 7. While I ate pulled pork at Bofingers for my Dad's 63rd birthday, Nigel Dawes busted Matt Hackett's soul while Drew MacIntyre made 57 saves. And on the victory scrum, it looks like Ryan White gave Aaron Palushaj a kiss. If he didn't, he should have. Palushaj has been unreal.

And if they win Game 7 and I can go to Hamilton, I will pick up a Bulldogs jersey! Who's name should I put on it though... Palushaj? Or Conboy? Or Engqvist?

No comments: