Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Habs 4, Kings 1: King me


Check mate.

If there's one thing I like about this year's Habs, it's their want to bounce back after a piss poor effort to lose a game they could have taken in Philly. And while you'd think the Kings would be bitter over that lost point in Ottawa (it was totally a goal but the cameras there are crap), the Habs ran over them after some early feeling around and it was game set match.

I was going to convert my game review into a rewriting of Murray Head's One Night in Bangkok. Then I realized how long that song was. Praise be, bullet points!

- Our puppy Ziggy went to the groomers yesterday, came home a new dog.
- Drew Doughty should lay off the Hollywood and shave. He's looking chubby, and greasy.
- And the first star: Andrei Kostitsyn! What looked like a complete mass of failure up and down the ice, even giving up a shorthanded chance, turned into something good.
- Beeeernieeeeer probably didn't appreciate that.
- Warning to Ryan Smyth: Carey Price will bite your legs off next time you trip him.
- Cammalleri scored. Gomez caused the whole thing.
- Beeeernieeeeer probably didn't appreciate that.
- Plekanec scored.
- Beeeernieeeeer probably didn't appreciate that.
- LARS ELLER SCORED!
- Beeeernieeeeer probably didn't appreciate that.
- Ryan Smyth should stop whining.
- I would not pick Kopitar over Price, and I'm not basing it off this one game.
- PK Subban > Drew Doughty
- Stop whining about Gomez.
- A certain radio guy can also shut up about Lars Eller and stick to soccer.
- A nice win over a very good team that got rightfully owned and stopped trying.
- Well they still tried, but endless forechecking does nothing and Pleky giving the forearm to Dustin Brown was awesome karma.

Can I just say that people really need to stop with the "yea but" crap? The Habs are a really good team, full of experienced players, proven winners, and determined, hardworking kids. Though Pouliot needs to stop falling down, and if Weber is going to be used then PLAY HIM AS A DEFENSEMAN.

I'd also like to say Pacioretty is on fire, with TWO more goals yesterday (Conboy scored the game winner) in a 3-2 win over the annoyingly dirty BabyFlyers. And whoever suggested giving him up and a draft pick for Penner needs to be slapped.

No comments: