
One down, eighteen games to go. Funny how that snuck up on us all, eh?
The Bruins have officially bored their home crowd to death. Sometimes I think they're worse than the Devils in that DEFENSE FIRST shell of Claude Julien. We make fun of Lemaire and Martin for that system, but what about him? When the most exciting offense you get is coming from old man Recchi, there's something wrong. Even teacher's pet Michael Ryder has turned back into the lame Michael Ryder Bob Gainey didn't want to sign. There's a very solid reason why he lost his spot to Sergei Kostitsyn...
It's weird seeing regular hockey now. There are no cowbells. There's no automatic icing. I wish we had brought over the crease violation rule but whatever. The "U!S!A!" chant was redundant, especially considering there are more Canadians on the Bruins than Americans... Congrats, Bruins. You have an Olympic benchwarmer.
And after using two periods to find the magic again, Habs exploded on Tuukka Rask for 4 unanswered goals including a sad empty netter just as Rask had left (poor kid). I didn't even realize the net was empty. Actually I don't even think Pouliot knew the net was empty until he just happened to look up before dumping it in.
Price hasn't lost a beat. Having his buddy Rask on the other end of the rink was interesting too. And you know Price is comfy when he stickhandles around a forechecker and calmly passes the puck to his defenceman.
Andrei Kostitsyn is shaking off the rust. And playing on the line with his brother this time is perfect.
HMCS Hal Gill was huge.
Andrei Markov didn't look like the man we saw struggle through the Olympics.
And as the first and second line weren't eble to capitalize or finish, the third and fourth line picked up the slack. Metro with his wonderful ability to destroy his former teams (reason number 1 on why Glen Metropolit must remain a Hab: we need the goals on the Bruins, Flyers, Capitals, Thrashers, etc). The Concordia in me is still capable of cheering for the McGill in Darche Vader. I really like Lapierre with Moore and Moen, even if I was a tad lukewarm on the trade for Moore. If it lights a fire under Lapierre's ass, then I'm happy. I WILL BE VERY SAD IF TOM PYATT GOES BACK TO HAMILTON YOU HEAR ME, JACQUES?! Especially if he's replaced with Dagger or Bergeron.
(Edit: Nevermind... Dagger's been traded to the Blues for a U of Michigan boy. I'll miss those eyebrows but I'm intrigued by this Palushaj kid. HE GOES TO THE NET!)
Habs head West. It won't be easy...but we'll get to see Saku again!

2 comments:
What a letdown after the Limpic hockey. I kept waiting for Nash to go crashing into the Beaners D and take them the fuck out. I mean we won fine but this will take a bit of an adjustment. Perhaps I should go back to Belgian beer.
daggs, no!
well at least price and halak are still in place
Post a Comment