Thursday, August 6, 2009

How could you neglect this face?


Dear Hamilton,

Though I wholeheartedly support to Make It 7, why do you keep forgetting about adorable little me? I'm your kind and loyal pro-hockey team, and I've been around for a good long while...

With me you were able to witness the beginning of many NHL stars as they diligently worked their way up the ranks. I brought you joy when I won Ontario's only championship trophy in...eons. And with me, the silent and tireless charity work of many young players like Maxwell and Weber and countless others brought hope and happiness to your city and your children through school programs, sports recreation and hospitals. And I always try my best to do my best even when I'm injured or my friends have to go play with the big guys 'cause of their own injuries. Also PK Subban is coming to town! Isn't that exciting?

And am I not adorable when the Marlies and their immitation puppy dog mascot gets destroyed when they come to visit?

So why would you openly forget about me every time on national TV when my handsome logo rests on the ice of the Copps Coliseum. How could you forget that I have a most appropriate and very original goal song that even comes with it's own dance? It's far better than that damn howl... Why would you select that ratty old scavenger pup from the desert when he should go back to Winnie where he belongs?

Please, Mr. Balsillie. While I support your efforts, don't evict me from the Dog Pound (even if it's in our lease that says you can do so) that is so conveniently located near my divisional rivals. While I'm sure the good people of Newfoundland would welcome me into their homes with open arms, and actually fill the building to capacity every night, St.John's is so very far away and inaccessible by roads.

So while you continue dreaming of hearing Derek Wills call a Montreal/Hamilton game, please try to remember this adorable little puppy. I can be trained to bite Bettman if you like.

Sincerely,
Cute, little Bulldog

3 comments:

A Concerned Citizen said...

LOL

Eternal Pessimist said...

Awwwwwwww *hugs cute little Hammies* Don't go anywhere! Pwease! =( Although, please do come to visit me more often. I don't get enough affordable hockey around here.

Number31 said...

I'm totally going to the Ottawa game eh. Though I think I'll just buy the tickets at the door...