Saturday, January 11, 2014

Habs 2, Hawks 1 (OT): I love you



Or Markov 2, Hawks 1.

No other way this game should have ended than in overtime. Great game. Reason why I HATE the fact the Hawks only come to town once a year. Also can you imagine how awesome hockey would be if we didn't have to waste our time playing annoying expansion teams? Those were the days. Long long before I was born, of course. But I can only imagine how nice it was to have the best play the best.

And I feel people should apologize to Parros.

I really didn't care he was in the line up, honestly. Some people did. I only hoped he'd be managed, and you're at HOME. So with last change I hoped if anything his minutes and matchups will be properly monitored. I mean if he happened to be on the ice with Hossa going full steam towards out net, forget it. But he wasn't so it was safe. I joked he was playing for shits and giggles. And then in the first period he gave the Habs their first shot on net. Would you believe me if I told you it was a Cammalleri-type shot on bended-knee? Because it was.

And again we saw Plekanec shut down a major star player, minus the one error by Gorges who got stuck between two plays while PK flew in to help and Gionta couldn't handle Hossa for the goal. But other than that, his line's work tonight should be archived to the museum for how to shut down and play ridiculous. OT was fantastic too.

Hey! Emelin was back to destroying players too!

Lars Eller was playing all night with a huge grin on his face. Even with the ridiculous shot saved by Crow's hail mary.

When they skate, it's fun! Let's hope this wakes them up out of whatever cocoon they've shoved themselves into.

No comments: