Saturday, November 10, 2012

I went to the Bell Centre and a hockey game broke out

Last night I went to the Bell Centre. For...hockey? I think it was hockey. I mean there's no other reason for Terry Koharski to referee with his eyes closed. Unless he really does enjoy walking around with a blindfold on.

Firstly, memo to fans. The Baton Rouge next to the Bell Centre? While the food is delicious, it's really expensive and the menu is completely different from the usual Baton Rouge. OK mostly I'm still annoyed the Scores on St-Catherine's disappeared!

Anyway, the hockey game. Yup. A bunch of fresh-from-Junior kids vs the Calder champions went how I thought it would. But I can't say the Lightning kids weren't anything special. Mostly just a good system, good practice on that system, and better on-ice organization. I can say that if the Bulldogs could snipe the way Quailer did for his first goal of the season, they'd have made it a game. Dustin Tokarski literally sits on his knees the minute the puck is over his blue line. And when you're not Jason Missiaen size, that's not a good idea for a goalie...

Praise be Robert Mayer and his scrambly scramble. He kept the Dogs in the game until I think he just got tired and overwhelmed. The best players not in pads for the Dogs would be Quailer and Gallagher. Those guys can FLY. But with Blake Geoffrion sent to hospital before the first period I don't think there was much else the team could do. Especially when already down one Louis Leblanc.

The other highlight of the night was Jarred Tinordi pummeling some guy who decided to pick on the most unassuming player in the world in Michael Bournival. Tinordi is a beaaaaaaast.

1 comment: