Sunday, October 30, 2011

Habs 4, Bruins 2: Go back under your bridges, trolls


I like only one player that plays for the Bruins and his name is Tuukka Rask. Never mind the milk crates, the kid is a good young goalie who through no fault of his own can't get a fucking win. Also considering he's a real goalie and not a floppy wide man with a horseshoe up his arse, he should be their number 1.

Then again I don't want Rask winning when it's the Habs so too bad.

1 - Every time a Bruin loses his shit and takes a stupid penalty, Clod Julien squirms. RDS had an awesome montage of his decent into madness. Hey man, refs warned your team to watch it.

2 - We know Pleky on the point for the powerplay is iffy, but it's working. And I think it's reminding him that he has one hell of a shot. Pinball goal for Gionta.

3 - David Desharnais, 5'7" 177lbs, 3 game point streak. Was 63% in the dot. All heart and determination, collected the garbage in front of the net and scored the second powerplay goal which ended up being the game winner. Really hope Gomez is watching him...

4 - Benoit Pouliot was home sick apparently. Probably would have been scratched anyway. Too bad because Habs had to really deal with Krejci and Horton.

5 - All of Lars Eller's goals seem to be against Rask. Had some incredible chances including some magic moves by AK46. This line is awesome. And Moen made sure the Bruins didn't get to him even though 4 of them ganged up on him after the whistle, trying to intimidate the very same kid who stared down with Chara last year...

6 - And yea he coughed up the puck terribly in front of his own net (with some help) for a goal against, and took a penalty, but everyone recognized how he played tonight. Well earned 2nd star.

7 - I think I'm actually happier Seguin is a Bruin and not a Leaf. I think I can tolerate him more... But if he starts turning into the typical Bruin, then fuck him. So far so good, save for that crap last season with the goal after the buzzer...

8 - PK Subban was being a rat bastard all night. And like water off a duck's back he didn't give two shits what the Bruins thought about it.

9 - I have no idea why Rask was switched for Thomas after the Bruins' second goal. He doesn't even know himself. Rask wasn't too sure either. We're thinking it's because Timmeh's quicker at running to the bench.

10 - Pleky's reaction on the empty netter was like "booya". Yea man, because the Habs are allergic to empty nets so CHEER that muther trucker!

Jaro Spacek could have been a game star as well. The man lost a lot of weight over the summer, telling me he's serious about this. And for a while he was blocking more shots by himself than all the Bruins.

I have a problem with people complaining about Perry Pearn's firing. Like hello? LOOK AT THE BENCH NOW! Randy and Randy are extra animated, the team is rejuvenated, the defence knows what they're doing, the powerplay is more forceful, and I suspect that Too Many Men penalty plague will quiet down. And with the Bruins going for a 5-on-3 powerplay, Randy L convinces them to take a time out so the best could be out there. He saw how they weren't getting to the pucks fast enough, and was--I dare say-COACHING them through the timeout. This was important because the Bruins score here and it's a whole different ballgame. And they almost did score, but the best do what they do best (ie. goal posts are your friends when they agree with you, and Josh Gorges' elbows are good at sweeping pucks clean away). And the frustration of all this leads to Horton taking a stupid crosschecking penalty. So what is it, people? The team is winning, and then bench looks like that constipated air has dissipated. JMart was even giving an in-game interview with RDS!

So now the team goes on a 5-day break just as they were getting on a role. I hate it when this happens, but it'll give Cammy time to really heal up (he just doesn't look right and I think that cut on his leg is bothering him), and I'm sure the shot blockers would be happy with the break. Also don't have to worry about partying too hard for Halloween. On the bright side, also gives the team a chance to work things out because despite the win streak and the home-and-home sweep, they still got a lot to work out. How about a game of pass the puck?

3 comments:

juce said...

Great post N31.

Steve said...

I missed the game but you summed it up perfectly.

Number31 said...

If you missed it, CBC has it online in its entirety.