Went on a day trip to Burlington, Vermont. Kind of a mommy/daughter day! I discovered a few things:
1 - Flooding sucks. Thankfully I can read maps and we didn't take the road through New York that would have stranded us that side of Lake Champlain because mom wanted to take a ferry.
2 - My mom told me she doesn't need a GPS because she has me. I think she still needs one for those times I'm not in a car. (Hint: she once read a ski map upside down)
3 - Vermont Bruins fans look like major bandwagoners. Of course the University clothes shop on Church Street (umm...) is chock full of Tiny Tim Vermont crap that I bet was never there before.
4 - I still get a laugh at the shock of tasting American iced tea.
5 - Nothing like a bankruptcy sale to get people to buy real actual paper books. (Borders! Everything must go! Including the coffee machine!)
6 - Record stores are creepy. Especially the ones that make you go below street level.
7 - Border guards get mighty suspicious when you enter the country through one border then decide to exit through another.
8 - But it was a shorter travel time that way!
9 - And my mom wanted to ride the ferry! (Just ended up taking a different ferry).
10 - It's not the Champlain Bridge that should scare you. THE FUCKING TURCOT INTERCHANGE BOUNCES!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment